Monday, September 26, 2011

Bailey Community Center News: The Bailey's Community Center Advisory Board is responsible for sponsoring basketball teams in the FCYBL this year. The contact person is PAM WASHINGTON.

 Article VII, Vol 1

  On August 18th I was invited to a special meeting concerning youth basketball in the Bailey's Community Center.  Three members of the unofficial Bailey's Community Center Advisory Board; Chonn Lacey, BCC director and Wendell Byrd were present.  The three board members were Pam Washington, Houston Summers and Robert Wright. Wendell Byrd was present on behalf of the county. 
     The invitation I received stated that it was a coaches meeting.  However, no coaches were present.  Mr. Byrd main mission appeared to be to inform me that they (Advisory Board) did not want me to coach this year.
     I informed him and everybody present that I had not coached a team at BCC since 2004 and that I didn't have any plans to coach this year. However, I will continue to work with the youths in other communities in the region.
     I am hopeful that the Advisory Board can keep its promise to the children this year.
     Sign up sheets are posted at the center. I encourage parents and children to sign up for basketball this year at Bailey's Community Center.

For more current news on the center, visit http://www.bxrcc.blogspot.com/

     

    
    

    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment